RECORD CONDITION and CODES
Record condition and corresponding price shown on the website refer to the record sampled at the time of the listing. Condition and corresponding price of the specific record purchased may vary. Kindly let us know if you prefer records only in a certain condition.
Record Grading and Codes
GRADING: When the records are first put on the site, they are graded visually. However, before being mailed out, we try our best to listen to each and every selection to ensure that the sound is, at least, on the same level as the visual grading. This is another reason why we ask that no money be sent until we confirm availability. The stated condition refers to the record only. When a picture sleeve is included (+PS) the sleeve is ungraded. However, we will not include a picture sleeve unless the condition is VG or better.
- MINT (M) - Perfect (Very few records are in absolutely perfect condition)
- NEAR MINT (NM) - A record that is otherwise mint but has one or two tiny, inconsequential flaws that do not affect play.
- EXCELLENT (EX) - Record has been handled and played either infrequently or very carefully. Not perfect, but not too far from it.
- VERY GOOD (VG) - 1. Records display visible signs of handling and playing, such as loss of vinyl luster, light surface scratches and groove wear. Has some audible surface noise when played but noise does not ruin the listening experience. 2. A record which would otherwise qualify as Excellent, as described above, except that the label has been written on or the label has been torn.
- Fair - Record plays on both sides and can be enjoyed but there is obvious wear to either label, vinyl, or both.
Not For Sale (NFS), Picture Sleeve (PS), Promotion Record (Promo), For Radio Use Only (Radio), For Disc Jockey (DJ)
Promotional issue (PROMO) may include records marked "Promo" as well as records marked with special promotional "Not For Sale NFS," "Dee Jay Copy DJ" markings. Punch Outs (PO) are small holes in labels that have no affect on how a record plays. Remake (RE) Boot (B) Internal Codes For staff only: +, #, ~
Please email any questions/problems to: email@example.com